Funding for PE and Sport
The Primary PE and Sport Premium is awarded to every school with primary aged pupils and must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
There are 5 key areas for the premium to be spent on:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.